Urge Congress to Include the Needs of People With Disabilities in Coronavirus Relief Legislation
People with disabilities are more likely to have underlying health conditions – this means that they will be disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and need immediate support!
Legislation is quickly moving through Congress to respond to this global crisis. We need legislation NOW that expands access to health care, ensures that direct support professionals (DSPs), who support people with disabilities to live independently, can continue to do their vital work, and much more.
Ask your Members of Congress to include the vital needs of people with disabilities in this legislation, specifically:
- Increased federal reimbursement for state Medicaid programs to help states respond to the crisis
- Ability to access a 90-day supply of medication and medical supplies
- Emergency requirements for all health insurers to cover testing
- Expanded nutrition assistance
- Workforce support, including paid sick leave and paid leave for all workers
Without this legislation, people with disabilities face possible institutionalization, which would violate their rights and risk their health.
Urge Congress to ensure that the rights and needs of people with disabilities are center to coronavirus relief legislation!